A chemical analysis of sweat revealed that it has almost the same constituents as urine, and that more than one pound of waste products are discarded through your skin every day. Gross.
The easiest way to act sluggish and look horrible is to stop your skin from doing what it’s meant to do—eliminate those toxins. The quick fix? Brush away your troubles.
We don’t ask questions because we don’t even pretend to understand biology, but experts tell us that dry brushing is the way to go for an all-over healthy you. One quick dry brush before your shower, and your entire body (inside and out) will thank you.
What dry brushing does:
* Stimulates lymph and blood circulation so your skin can rid itself of impurities
* Relieves congestion (not the nose kind) and improves detox
* Improves overall feeling of well-being and energy levels
* Boosts immunity
* Enhances skin texture and tone (dead skin cells begone; perfect for even self tanner application)
* Treats ingrown hairs
* Helps disperse cellulite deposits (oh happy day, no bumpy butt)
* Revs up near the skin blood flow so that creams (like moisturizers) can be absorbed better
How to dry brush:
Before stepping into your bath or shower, lightly massage your dry body in a circular motion with a bath brush. Begin at the soles of your feet, then continue working up the front and back of your legs in an upward direction towards the heart. Start on the hands and arms, including the tummy and back (minus the face, inner thighs and chest). After you’re done, take a nice warm shower.
With brush in hand, you’ll brush away the toxins, unclog your lymphatic system, and improve the detoxification of your skin to unveil a cleaner, more powerful you.