Gorgeous tresses are a bonus. Taking care of your hair is always worth the effort because healthy hair is easier to maintain than dry, brittle or damaged hair. Manage your hair routine to benefit healthy locks & get your hair lookin’ good.
Your personal daily-weekly routines will make a difference. And then there is VINEGAR. Oh yah this staple ingredient can do more than dress salads & make pickles — it’s also a fabulous all-in-one beauty product for all naturally beautiful hair.
Daily Hair Tips:
- Wash your hair less frequently and with the right products. Line up your products that are designed for your hair type. BUT, washing your too frequently will strip the natural oils leaving you dry all over: both your scalp & hair. What’s too frequently? Shampooing twice a week is the max.
- Styling utensils that use heat can damage hair. Be gentle with your hair when using styling utensils. Find & use a protective serum if you are using heat frequently.
- Massage your scalp weekly. Massaging promotes blood circulation in your scalp. This will increase oxygen flow and benefit your hair. Combine the massage with washing your hair and get two for the time of one.
- Brushing your hair moves your natural scalp oils from roots to ends and provides environmental protection for you tresses. A boar bristle brush works wonders.
- Eating healthy foods chock full of vitamins benefits your hair.
- Trim your hair regularly, every 4 to 6 weeks to get rid of split ends. Split ends can travel up your hair shaft. Stop it before it gets there.
Surprise: vinegar will counteract the effect of shampoos that often strip hair of its natural oils. It actually balances your hair’s natural pH levels. Used regularly it will revitalize your hair, leaving it soft and smooth!
How does it work you ask?
- It removes clumpy residue & gunk left in hair from product buildup. It closes or seals the cuticle of hair
- You hair will have a super healthy shine because vinegar closes the cuticle of the hair which makes light reflect off it.
- It’s a natural de-tangler.
The Vinegar Hair Rinse
1 part vinegar
1 part water
Mix the vinegar & water together. After shampooing, pour the mixture into your hair. If you have a spray bottle, that works even better. You can spritz your hair with the mixture and massage it into your scalp. Let the vinegar concoction sit for a few minutes before rinsing fully with water. No need to use conditioner!